[socketcan]problem to using CAN with BeagleBone Black A5A

[socketcan]problem to using CAN with BeagleBone Black A5A

Mohamed HAMZAOUI
Hi,

I started with beaglebone black A5A, i installed on it the latest
Angstrom image with : Linux beaglebone 3.8.13 #1 SMP Mon May 20
17:07:58 CEST 2013 armv7l GNU/Linux

I have a problem when I try to add a can device, i load with modprobe
all necessary kernel module (can, ti_hecc, c_can, c_can_platform,
can-raw, can-bcm) but when i execute
> ip link add can0 type can
I have : RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
I used a recent version of iproute2.

Can anyone help me please ?

Regards,
Mohamed

Re: [socketcan]problem to using CAN with BeagleBone Black A5A

Martin Gysel
Am 25.05.2013 00:49, schrieb Mohamed HAMZAOUI:

> Hi,
>
> I started with beaglebone black A5A, i installed on it the latest
> Angstrom image with : Linux beaglebone 3.8.13 #1 SMP Mon May 20
> 17:07:58 CEST 2013 armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> I have a problem when I try to add a can device, i load with modprobe
> all necessary kernel module (can, ti_hecc, c_can, c_can_platform,
> can-raw, can-bcm) but when i execute
>> ip link add can0 type can
> I have : RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
> I used a recent version of iproute2.

did you initialize the can module? do you use a can cape? if yes, does
your kernel already include the needed dts to enable the can module?

/martin