remote request Intel i82527

maaike
I have a PC104 ISA Intel i82527 Can card. I compiled kernel 3.18 with RT patch and socketCan cc770 and cc770_isa. This is working well: I can see the can messages on a scope and in CanDump and other candump-like programs on the other pc. So I have it working quite ok.

However, when sending a remote request from another pc, it doesn't show up in candump on the pc104 pc. I found this comment in the code:
"Unfortunately, the CC770 does still not store the message identifier of the received remote transmission request frame and therefore it's set to 0."
Does that mean remote request is not working? Because I also found an rtr-interrupt function in the code (in cc770.c), why this function if remote request is not working?

And is it possible to store data on the chip, so with a remote request, the data from the chip is sent without interrupting the software? How to do this?