beginner question: can more than one application use one SocketCAN CAN Interface at the same time??

beginner question: can more than one application use one SocketCAN CAN Interface at the same time??

Markus.Golbs

Hello,

I’m new by using SocketCAN. The shell communication on an arm board with SocketCAN works well, but I’m only use one access task/program to one CAN Interface.

My question is, can I use the SocketCAN network Interface from more as on application on the same time? I want create two ANCI-C application on this board for different functions. The two applications to integrate in one, is it not possible. If it possible that both applications use the same CAN Interface at the same time? About information I’m very happy.

thanks and greetings

Markus

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

i. A. Markus Golbs

Konstrukteur / Product Engineeer

Entwicklung und Konstruktion / R&D

Tel.:   +49 9631 80-240
Fax:   +49 9631 80-295

HAMM AG
Hammstraße 1
95643 Tirschenreuth
Germany
www.hamm.eu

Amtsgericht/Trade Register: Weiden, HRB 1851
Vorstand/General Management: Reinhold Baisch, Dr. Stefan Klumpp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the board: Jürgen Wirtgen

Re: beginner question: can more than one application use one SocketCAN CAN Interface at the same time??

Marc Kleine-Budde
On 01/31/2013 09:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I’m new by using SocketCAN. The shell communication on an arm board with
> SocketCAN works well, but I’m only use one access task/program to one
> CAN Interface.
>

> My question is, can I use the SocketCAN network Interface from more as
> on application on the same time? I want create two ANCI-C application on
> this board for different functions. The two applications to integrate in
> one, is it not possible. If it possible that both applications use the
> same CAN Interface at the same time? About information I’m very happy.
You can open as many sockets from as many applications to CAN as you
want (until you memory runs out) and send and receive CAN messages.

Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |

Re: beginner question: can more than one application use one SocketCAN CAN Interface at the same time??

Marc Kleine-Budde
On 01/31/2013 09:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,

This list ist outdated, please use [hidden email]

regards,
Marc