Reading messages that use BAM, or have a DLC larger than 8

Reading messages that use BAM, or have a DLC larger than 8

Brent Sink

How do I read J1939 messages that use the BAM format?  Some of the diagnostic messages that are on the DM01 message have a DLC that is often larger than 8 bytes when the message contains more than one error.  Is there something special that I need to do to enable reading these messages?  Thanks!

-brent

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Internet communications are not assured to be secure or clear of inaccuracies as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this email, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission.

Re: [SPAM] Reading messages that use BAM, or have a DLC larger than 8

Marc Kleine-Budde
Hello Brent,

please come to the new mailingliste at [hidden email]

regards,
Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |